PIL is committed to safe transportation of Natural Gas through cross country pipeline by ensuring safety of our employees, contractors, local communities in which we operate.
PIL believes that “Safety is Value” and no work/ task or service is so important or urgent that the safety can be by-passed, overlooked or compromised.
PIL ensures that
– Health and Safety of employees’ , contractor workers and their family’s is their top most priority
– Every employee goes home safely every day.
– Everyone working with or for them is competent to carry out their jobs safely.
– Best HSE practice in Oil & Gas industries are adopted for continual improvement.
PIL is committed to promote preventive health care of employees and contractor workers through :
– Annual health check-up
– Indoor air quality monitoring
– Conducting ergonomic studies
– Work Life Balance workshops
In addition to the fully-equipped First Aid Centre at each compressor station, third party administrative hospitals have been identified along the pipeline route. In these hospitals PIL maintains enough stock of anti-venom and scorpion bite medicines for their O&M staff and public at identified hospitals.
PIL is committed to protecting environment by adopting environment friendly technologies and conducting its operations in such a way that:
– GHG emissions are minimized,
– Hazardous waste is safely disposed of as per CPCB norms
– Harvested rain water is used for ground water re-charging
– Usage of natural resources is minimized
PIL aims to enhance environment awareness of employees’ and contractor workforce by ensuring healthy work practices and trainings and by plantation.